Wednesday 13 August 2014

More like Notflix! .... yeah

I'm pretty new to Netflix. I am usually one of the last people to dip my toe into any new technology.



I had been under the impression that I had been thoroughly enjoying my time using it. However I have come to the realization that for the most part I have been tricking myself into enjoying it.



Here is what happened when I went on Netflix yesterday.












A WHOLE HOUR! The amount of TV I managed to watch was exactly zero minutes.



Strangely though I walked away from experience thinking that I had enjoyed myself. Which means for a whole hour my brain had been getting a kick out of simply viewing how many awesome shows there were and imagining how satisfying it would be to watch them.




I think I have pinned down the problem with Netflix and have summed it up in this super professional graph.






I don't think I operate well with choices. My brain seems to be broken in such a way that it enjoys the idea of making a choice as much as it enjoys the thing that would be chosen.




Luckily my free trial will expire soon and I may once again be able to do something during my day. Maybe one day even contribute to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment